17 June 2009

Omaha Beach

One of the reasons I wanted to come to France was to visit Normandy. More specifically, I wanted to visit the D-Day beaches and the American Cemetery. Today, I did that.

This is at Omaha beach, looking west. We're in front of what was called the Les Moulins draw.

I did not intentionally dress like an Army guy. I was trying to protect myself from the sun.


It's a long, wide beach.

This is one of the landing craft.


On a tree at the cemetery.

France gifted the land the cemetery is on to the US in perpetuity.

The cemetery is on the bluff above Omaha Beach.

A German bunker on Pointe du Hoc, just west of Omaha Beach.

Ella climbs out of a German fortification on Pointe du Hoc.



2 comments:

  1. Are you using a filter on your camera? Beautiful blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete