09 June 2009

Quiet Day at Home

While JJ was off getting her hair cut, I stayed home with Ella. Most of my time was spent working on a new song, so it was a good day in that respect. Unfortunately for our readers, I don't have much else to report.

For Ella, it was a bit boring today. Inspired by her namesake, Ella was no doubt thinking, "if you ain't got no Sling, you ain't got a thing! What-to-watch, what-to-watch, what-to-watch, what-to-watch?"

With no Slingbox flinging American TV, she was singing the blues. She watched some French cartoons, but quickly grew bored. So then she played games on the computer for quite a while. Eventually I was able to find an episode of Spongebob off a somewhat iffy website.

(Let me elaborate before I get an email from Nana. By "iffy" I mean I question the legality of them streaming the show, but not "iffy" in that the site was in anyway dangerous for Ella or anyone else.)

Eventually I noticed Ella starting to droop, so I suspected she needed something to eat. Inspired, I took her to McDonald's for lunch, thinking we could get some chicken nuggets that she would enjoy. We got them, but she did not enjoy them.  My Big Mac was better than the ones back home, however. They must have added a touch of something special to the secret sauce. That, or I was starving.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem to matter where in the world you go. Whoever makes the burgers at McDonald's is incapable of getting all the layers aligned with the bun. I would have taken a picture of the cockamamie job they made of stacking the two all beef patties, etc, but I was too hungry. An armless monkey could have gotten it on straighter if he had to frisbee it from a tree and onto the nose of a speeding cheetah.


Ella enjoyed the idea of McDonald's far more than she enjoyed the food. She judged le jus de pomme to be delish, however.

So later in the afternoon JJ sashay's in with her new hair on. Fierce! Of course, being the makeover maven that I am, I needed to create a video of the reveal:



So that's a pretty sassy hairdo, if I do say so myself . . . which I do.

This video is also of interest because you can see part of our apartment. We were informed that the owner lives in Hong Kong, hence the asian furniture and decor. The round table to JJ's right is our "dining" table, but it also is where I store random receipts, brochures, loose change and umbrellas.

2 comments:

  1. It might not be clear if you're not paying attention, but the video is a before/after. She starts with her old hair then spins and magically ends up with her new hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ - Love the new coiffure! Tres chic!
    I wish I had this spin feature in real life - it would save so much time!

    ReplyDelete