07 June 2009

That's Why I'm Easy, Easy like Dimanche Matin


After spending a week walking 50 miles per day, we decided to take a day of rest. That means we stayed in for almost the whole day. I had to take a nap almost as soon as I got up.

It isn't like we didn't DO anything. We did get the Da Vinci Coded watched. Ella played computer games for a while, then she shut the lid, climbed up on mama and fell asleep in two breaths. After the movie, JJ napped while I went next door to the famous Shakespeare Book store. The SBS is full of old books, in English. Ho hum. I didn't see any way to get them on my Kindle, so I left them all there.

I walked through the touristically "quaintesque" Rue de la Huchette, where you can buy crepes, gyros and dine in many restaurants. It was a nice, rainy walk.

As for sightseeing, it's difficult to accomplish much without leaving the apartment, but we did see the inside of St. Suplice and the Louvre (by watching the Da Vinci Code)!

During my walk I noticed that French bookstores feature some of the most boring looking books of all times. I decided I would fake up something that would fit right in. All you need is a moody looking black and white photo, a dull title and you've got a book. It doesn't matter there's no actual text inside, since no-one would read it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment